[Intheloop] Children, Youth, Adults: Jump into the Current Starting TODAY

BV Arts Council info at bvartscouncil.com
Wed Oct 15 11:43:59 EDT 2014

*Detailed below are:*

   - *Open 'Drop-in' Studios: to learn to create giant bugs, puppets, print
   fabric and share your ideas about water/fish/home/threat. Open to all ages.
   Free.*
   - *Print making Workshop: Smithers Art Gallery. Registration requested.
   Free.*

 *'Into the Current - communities exploring our water and fish*' is a
project of the BV Community Arts Council in partnership with local artists
and arts organizations in Smithers, Hazelton and Kispiox. You are invited
to help us bring a community spectacle to life in 2015. It will involve
puppets, dancers, music. People of all ages. We have started with 4 days of
intensive INSPEC (Institute of Spectacle) research. We imagine giant
salmon, darting fry, flowing fabric water.  What do you imagine?
intothecurrent at bvartscouncil.com

*Opportunities to get involved: *

*Open Studio:*

You are invited to jump into the current. ‘Drop In’ to see what we doing,
help make stuff, share ideas. Paint a giant bug, print a fish, run with a
water flag.  We will INVESTIGATE the images & words that come to mind when
YOU think of water/fish/home/threat. No experience necessary. All ages and
families welcome. Free!

*Open Studio Smithers: Drop-in hours*

Location: Smithers Secondary School, Art Room #101 (to Rt of main entrance)

   - Wednesday, Oct 15: 3-6pm
   - Fri,  Oct 17:  3-6pm
   - All ages welcome. No experience needed. Free.
   - Spread the word - invite others!

*Smithers Art Gallery Print Making Workshop, registration requested*